“Reforming Master Programmes in Finance in Armenia and Moldova” (REFINE) is a three-year Erasmus+ Capacity Building in Higher Education project which is co-funded by the European Union. It is co-ordinated by the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna (UAS-BFI)and will be implemented by a consortium of ten higher education institutions (HEIs) from 2017 to 2020. The REFINE project aims to promote the quality and practice-relevance of six existing Master (MA) programmes in Finance in Armenia and Moldova through targeted reforms. The subject of Finance was chosen, as it is a crucial factor for economic development and skilled graduates in this field are coveted by the business community and the public sector alike.
The target groups and stakeholders of REFINE can be summarized as follows:
- HEIs and academics with an interest in Finance inside and outside the consortium (local, regional, national and European level)
- Students with an interest in Finance inside and outside the consortium (local, regional and national level)
- Labour market representatives from the financial sector (local, regional and national level)
- Higher education policy makers and professionals (national and European level)
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To reform six existing MA curricula in Finance taking into account the latest international developments in the subject area
- To promote the quality and relevance of the MA programmes through the development of updated and new course materials
- To further develop the competences and skills of teaching staff through training courses in innovative teaching methodologies and current topics in Finance
- To increase the alignment of the MA programmes with labour market requirements
University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna (UAS-BFI) (Coordinator)
For more information, please visit the Project website.