- Full title:
- Fostering the knowledge triangle in Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova
- Project Start:
- 1 December 2013
- 36 Months
The project aims to support the Ministry of Education of Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine in the process of integration of higher education, research and innovation. Partners simultaneously analyze the situation in three countries, study the problems, requirements and target priorities. Responsible for the coordination of the project is the University of Paderborn. The project also involves partners from the EU: the University of Latvia town of Riga, and the University from town of Zhilin. The consortium of the project also includes 3-4 universities from each partner country; research and development organizations; national ministries of education. The project is for three years from December 2013. In the first part of the project the focus is on activities related to the issues and conditions, as well on training the partners in the project. In the second part of the project the focus is on the specification (definition) of objectives and dissemination of project results.
The main objective of the project is to prepare specifications for the successful integration of higher education, innovation and research. This specification contains specific activities for each university to improve the situation in education area. The main target groups in the developing specifications are the parliaments and government of each country, respectively. Namely these state structures can significantly influence the situation in the partner countries.
Government usually not always has the desire to change anything, as long as the lower court does not demonstrate the need for such changes. Therefore, rectors and heads of all involved structures in the project are the second target group in the process of dissemination and ensuring the durability.
- Formation of knowledge systems and leaders of high education institutions in Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine, on modern approaches of organization and management of the knowledge triangle;
- Detailed analysis of the conditions that create barriers for effective integration of higher education, research of innovations in partner countries;
- Organizing events to prepare long-term use of the project results and support the knowledge triangle in Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine;
- Initiation of national processes in order to form a legal framework capable to faster integration of higher education, research and innovation in Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine.
- Training for higher education, innovation and research;
- Reporting on requirements analysis: preparing internal specifications;
- Training managers responsible for education;
- Reporting on specification for each partner country;
- Distribution related to diverse products;
- Permanent working groups linked to diverse products;
- Reporting on quality control;
- Reporting on monitoring the project;
- Project management related to diverse products.
Publications: SPECIFICATION_ Moldova (pdf)