It is always not easy to go to study abroad and to get used to the new environment, especially when cultural and other differences between your country and Republic of Moldova as well as language barrier are significant. For this reason at the Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova we have Mentors’ programme to help foreign exchange students to adapt in the new environment.
The International Students Office is a local section that aims to help incoming and outgoing International students in ASEM. The section has lots of active, friendly and really fun members. Mentors are ASEM students volunteers – your contemporaries. Most of them already have been Erasmus students so we know with what kind of problems exchange students face and peculiarities of Erasmus traditions. All incoming exchange students get personal mentors which can answer most of the questions about life, entertainments and places to visit in Moldova. They are helping for students to do all the necessary things:
- meeting arriving students at Moldova International Airport, Bus or Train stations;
- housing in the Students’ House;
- finding a flat to rent if it is necessary;
- arranging documents for Migration Office;
- applying for temporary residence
- paying for the dormitory or opening an account in the bank;
- solving health problems and etc.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/asem.university.international.page/